A great way to antique without the hassle of oil-based mediums. MM20 Water-Based Patina only takes 4 to 6 hours to dry.
1. Clean project of all dust, grease and oil.
2. Moisten your project all over with a cotton cloth soaked in MM20 Water-Based Patina to prevent the surface from absorbing too much colour.
3. Dab Matisse Flow Burnt Umber or Raw Umber on the cloth soaked in MM20 Water-Based Patina and spread over your project beginning at the outside edge and moving into the centre.
4. Wipe back excess colour to desired effect with a clean cloth.
5. If you have made your item too dark, apply MM20 Water-Based Patina to a clean cloth and wipe over to remove colour while the project is still wet.
6. Allow antiquing to dry at least 24 hours, depending on the weather and how heavily the project was antiqued.
Best to apply a coat of Derivan Pre-Antiquing Medium before antiquing to create a layer between the paint and antiquing so as not to move any of the under-painting.
Submit a Review...